everyday… » Archive
I don’t usually post about hair BUT… last week I woke up feeling a little crazy. I also just happened to have a hair appointment scheduled for that afternoon. I’m always thinking of doing something different but usually end up with the same. I saw this photo on Pinterest and fell in love! (source) I’ve wanted orange hair since the first time I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And The Fifth Element, and Run Lola Run…
So, I did it! Well, my hairdresser Erika at Grooming Humans did it. She even made me a special mix – red, yellow and clear which gives it the coral-y tint. A darker rust color is underneath in the back for a little depth. If you’re close to Tempe, AZ and need a haircut/color you should definitely give her a call. So, yeah. I love it and that’s all I have to say!
I can’t decide what to blog about. Any ideas?
Hello, just a quick update.
A note about the Daily Drawings
It was a lovely idea, a year full of little bitty Moleskine notebooks filled with collages… how quaint! It just took too. much. time. Not that I don’t love spending time collaging, I do. And I’ll still find time for collaging… but sometimes I’d rather work on something else, like perhaps…
- Bird Themes: A new website with artsy WordPress themes!
- Building up our little web design business – Little Bird – and keeping up with our wonderful clients.
- Making more DIY Planner Templates
- House hunting with Sam for our very first house!
- Getting healthy. I had half of my thyroid removed 3 weeks ago. Documenting for a major blog post all about the fun times and awesome neck incision. PS. Feeling great now and completely recovered. :)
- Designing bags and getting better at sewing.
- And everything else. Traveling, bicycling, cuddling with Sam and Muffin, hanging out with friends/family and ya know, enjoying life.
So, that’s that! Off to cut up fabric and start on my very first quilt, have a lovely weekend!
Spent the last week re-arranging/organizing my studio… ready for crafting, sewing, drawing and computer-ing! Now… what to work on first? Happy 2010 everyone, thanks so much for reading. See ya next year! xo
Spent a majority of the day yesterday shopping with my mom. First hit up the Crop Girls Craft Fair and yardsale in Peoria. The booths set up were fantastic, everyone was selling old crafting supplies they don’t use anymore. I bought 12 stamps for next to nothing and Mom loaded up on scrapbooking paper and old how-to books. My favorite find were these old wooden blocks from Rebecca of EnchantedBella…
Then we headed over to the thrift stores on CaveCreek and Cactus, our favorites! It’s a whole little shopping center full of wonderful little stores ran by the nicest ladies… We were disappointed that ‘Not too Shabby’ was closed but the sign out front said they’ll be open next Saturday with tons of new stuff.
My mom bought this great sewing machine, practically stole it actually – I think she paid $40?! I found 3 awesome shelves that were made for displaying golf balls (really? bizarre, I know!).
For the last year or so I’ve been looking for an old pencil sharpener. Two days ago I broke down and bid for one on Ebay but was outbid and waiting to bid again. The first store we went to on the first shelf I saw this!!!!!
First, the best news I’ve heard since I woke up. Mimosa, has been chosen by Pantone as the color of the year for 2009! *cheer* *cheer* Isn’t it fantastic?!
And I’ve been tagged by Oiseaux!
6 Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy
- Our little Christmas tree all lit up and full of bird ornaments
- The perfect breakfast combo: eggs, potatoes and pancakes/french toast
- The color Mimosa!
- Jars of Buttons
- Listening to Samboat make music in the living room
- Craft days & Christmas to-do lists
and now I am tagging anyone who wants to share, in the comments, your blog or wherever! xo
I love yellow and gray together lately, my sister’s having a wintery wedding and is thinking about yellow, gray and brown for her colors. I hope so! Below is a picture of my new craft room and part of our color organized bookshelf – didn’t think we’d have enough colors or books but I love it!